Configuring the MadeToPrint Server
To be able to use MadeToPrint with MadeToPrint Server, the Output Jobs must first be configured with the help of a Desktop version of InDesign and the corresponding MadeToPrint for InDesign – subsequently the setup Output Jobs can be exported and imported with the MadeToPrint Server.
Setup Output Jobs in MadeToPrint Desktop
Install the MadeToPrint InDesign plug-in on any computer in your network where a Desktop version of Adobe InDesign is installed.
- Double-click MadeToPrint Plug-In Installer and follow the instructions.
- Documentation for the desktop version of MadeToPrint is automatically installed. It is located under user/Documents/axaio software documentation/MadeToPrint ID/English/MadeToPrint InDesign Manual.pdf (Mac) and under Program Files/Adobe/Adobe InDesign/Plug-Ins/axaio software/Documentation/ MadeToPrint InDesign Manual.pdf (Win).
- Configure the Output Jobs according to your requirements.
Using MadeToPrint Server UI to import Output Jobs
If not done yet, you need to set up Connections to inform the MadeToPrintServerUI where to find the MadeToPrint Server(s). See Starting and activating MadeToPrint Server
Exporting Output Jobs in MadeToPrint (Desktop)
Exporting Output Jobs with the Standard version of MadeToPrint InDesign
- Clicking the Export icon opens a selection dialog for saving the corresponding Output Job or Job Set:
Selecting the location for storing exchange files
You can also export a complete Configuration, including Output Jobs, Auto Jobs and all assigned assets like scripts, presets and PostProcess profiles.
From the InDesign menu, Plug-Ins choose MadeToPrint Configurations; Manage... to open the configurations manager.
Choose the desired configuration and click Export.
Choose any folder and hit Save.
Import into Server
Even if you have set up multiple connections, the server UI is only connected to one (selected in the main windows) and will only import Jobs to that selected server.
Importing single Output Jobs and single Auto Jobs
To import single Output Jobs or Auto Jobs, click onto the Import button (4, see above) in the MadeToPrint Server UI.
This MadeToPrint UI is devided into three sections.
(1) In the top part of the window, you have a button to Import Output Jobs and Auto Jobs which you have been exported from a Desktop MadeToPrint.
(2) The center area displays Output Jobs and Auto Jobs which are available from a desktop MadeToPrint, which is installed on the same machine as the MadeToPrint Server plugin. To add any of those Output Jobs to the MadeToPrint Server plugin, select the one from dropdown and click Add.
(3) The lower area does list the actual Output Jobs and Auto Jobs which are installed in the MadeToPrint Server you are currently connected to.
Importing complete Configurations
You can also choose to import complete Configurations. Therefore, in the main MadeToPrint Server UI, click the "Configuration" button.
(1) The dropdown will show available configurations in the MadeToPrint Server UI. You can also choose to change the active configuration in the MadeToPrint Server plugin.
(2) A list of configurations which you can edit, delete, duplicate. Select a configuration and choose from the action buttons (3)
(4) To import a new configuration, click Import... and choose a
.mtpconfig file from your hard disk, which you have exported before from within the Desktop MadeToPrint.
Click Open to send the configuration to the server and activate it.
Important note for export/import of Output Jobs addressing a PostScript printer:
In case a PostScript printer is being addressed within a Output Job, MadeToPrint Server users have to make sure that the printer determined within the imported Output Job is installed and properly configurated on the computer with the MadeToPrint Server on it.
Explanation of terms: Output Job and Auto Job in MadeToPrint
In the Output Job all settings relevant for the output are stored. It is specified whether the output job is to apply to PostScript output on a printer or to file output. The following formats are available for file output: PostScript, EPS, PDF, PDF interactive, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, IDML, EPUB and InDesign.
Auto Job refers to the output queues, which always consist of an IN, an OUT and an ERROR folder. They are used to feed InDesign documents to a specific Output Job and thus pass the original file through the MadeToPrint production.
Setting up MadeToPrint Auto Jobs
Auto Jobs can also be edited in the MadeToPrint Server. To do this, select any job and click Edit..., or create a new one by clicking Add...
Through a dialog box, you can define various settings, e.g. which Output Job to run in an Auto Job:
Assigning Output Jobs to Auto Jobs in MadeToPrint Server